Welcome to the Office of Student Activities. We are located in Nova Southeastern University's Don Taft University Center.
The Office of Student Activities is home to the Student Events and Activities (SEA) Board, Registered Student Organizations, Fraternity & Sorority Life, Undergraduate Student Government Association and Homecoming, the Flight Deck, the Don Taft University Center and the Rosenthal Student Center Operations.
With more than 70 undergraduate student organizations, 12 Greek organizations, and a great Student Activities Board there are a number of ways to get involved!
Why Should I Get Involved?
Getting and staying involved is incredibly important while at Nova Southeastern University. "Involvement" is defined as any activity outside the classroom which enhances and contributes to student learning (Astin, 1993). Being involved can take many forms, such as being a member of a Registered Student Organization (RSO), joining a or fraternity or sorority, serving as a member on Student Government or participating the NSU Homecoming. It does not matter how you are involved, it only matters that you are!
Benefits of Involvement
- Eases the transition into college
- Helps you meet people and make friends with those who have similar interests, many of whom may become lifelong friends
- Involved students are more likely to graduate (and on time!)
- Students who are involved feel more connected to the university, the campus, the people, and you are more familiar with the resources NSU provides.
- Students who are involved have higher levels of satisfaction with their college experience.
- Being involved encourages and advances your development on all levels: intellectual, emotional, cultural, spiritual, and social.
- You will gain knowledge, skills and experience in leadership, communication, problem-solving, group development and management, budgeting and finance, presentation and public speaking, and much more!
Editing This Sidebar
This sidebar can be edited by accessing the footer portion, under the template elements section of the website builder.